Please note we are not taking bookings whilst still in Covid19 Alert Levels. We still welcome enquiries about future bookings.
The clubrooms of the Paekakariki Surf Lifeguards are available to hire for club nights, meetings, conferences, weddings, and other such functions.
We do not hire to 21st Birthday Parties. The downstairs facilities are for club members only and not available for hire.
The club is suited to an event of 80 people max.
The committee engaged Sawrey Consulting Engineers Ltd to provide an independent assessment of the current building. This was the same engineering company that undertook the initial Seismic assessment in August 2011 as part of a feasibility study that provided options for the clubhouse (essentially what was the catalyst for the club rebuild project). Sawrey Consulting Engineers conducted the assessment of the current building on 6 November 2018 and provided a report to the committee. Their key findings were as follows:
- Parts of the building are at 22% NBS – the building is earthquake prone.
- The building will continue to deteriorate and without significant investment, there is not much we can do to stop this now.
- The building is fit for purpose in the short term however needs to be replaced or strengthened within 5 years (2023)
- There is risk during an earthquake (moderate or large) and we need to get an evacuation plan in place when the building is in use.
- A small (old) kitchen with electric oven, microwave, and zip (for hot water).
- Two toilet cubicles and a men’s urinal.
- Separate bar area with fridge.
- Sound system – suited to plugging in an iPod or laptop, and playing CDs.
Depending on availability we can also provide tables and chairs.
- 10 tables
- 79 chairs
- 1 large round table (suitable for a head table)
- 1 long wooden table (suitable for catering)
For booking information and details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Viewing the Club
Viewings can be arranged by emailing email@example.com
Please note that we are run by volunteers and not open all hours or months of the year. If you’d like to view then please book time in advance.
Cost of Hire
The Cost of Hire is on a case by case basis.
There are patrols on during the summer months (November-March) from 12-6pm Saturdays and Sundays, and additional week day patrols throughout December, January and February.
Please be mindful of this when considering booking our clubrooms.